Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hanging in There

I just haven't been in the mood to blog lately. I had to break down and go to urgent care last week. I had an ear infection and an upper respiratory infection. One steroid shot and some amoxicillin and I'm starting to feel better. Now Ryan is sick. Mike got sick again too, I think it was the flu but he won't admit it. It was bad enough that he had to cancel a trip out of town last week. Uncle Pat is in town for the weekend so he and Mike are at Buffalo Wild Wings tonight watching Nascar. I worked all day and came home in a grumpy mood to a house that looked like a pig sty. I was very grumpy and probably scared poor Pat out of the house.

I've been so sad today because Maddie's spanish teacher passed away. I didn't know him but his wife is a teacher at her school and he taught spanish to Maddie's class and the kindergarten class. He has 2 sons, one who is in kindergarten at her school. He needed a heart transplant and didn't get one soon enough. The class had just made him cards last week. They sent out an email for us to tell the kids however we thought it best. At school they are going to tell them that he is living in heaven with God now. I had to tell Maddie tonight. She wanted to know if he was in heaven and who her new teacher would be. He was only 40.

On a lighter note, today is my sister-in-law Crystal's birthday. Happy Birthday Crystal! And hopefully we'll have a new addition to the family VERY SOON! (Crystal and John's baby is on her way!)

1 comment:

Flower Mound Mom said...

awwww Cara, I hope things start looking up for you. and soon. once you start feeling better, I'm sure that will help.