Wednesday, May 7, 2008

SA & Vegas Baby






Our trip to SA was fun but Ryan got pinkeye and eventually infected Maddie, Colin & Tori. He also had an ear infection and an allergic reaction to the antibiotic. Need to remember not to give him augmentin!!!! This is my note to myself. He missed 7 days of school (3 in SA and 4 once we got back.) I'm so glad everyone's better now!
I went to Vegas last weekend with my mom and sister. We met my Aunt Myra, Uncle Bob, Aunt Peach, Uncle Gary and cousin Joanne there. Had a GREAT time. I didn't win any money but only spent what I planned on spending so that was okay. My big loss was my $100 bet on the Spurs, per Mike's request. Darn Spurs!!
Back at home now. Everyone's good. One silkworm is now in a cocoon and the other one died (according to Mike). I got back in town and he was gone.
I had some excitement last night. My oven caught fire when a baking dish split and some food fell to the bottom. While I was dealing with the fire and smoke the kids went into the backyard and turned on the sprinkler. Soooooo, I had a house full of smoke and 3 kids soaking wet and muddy. And I was hosting bible study in 2 hours! It all worked out and the kids went to bed 45 minutes early. Wheeewwww.
The last 3 pics are from Vegas. The waterfall was at our hotel, the Wynn. The other pic is at a restaurant called Bautista's Hole in the Wall.

No comments: