Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Minnesota Vacation















We are back after spending a week in Minnesota. We spent the first 2 nights at Sam and Jake's house and the rest of the trip further north at their lake house. We all had so much fun! We went tubing on their boat. Mike tried to knee board. I rode a jet ski. Maddie went on the tube with Jake. Tori loved riding on the boat and waved to me while I was being pulled behind on the tube. We roasted smores over the campfire. Jon and Mike put on a what sounded like an amazing fireworks show but I had to miss it. Maddie got scared after the first one went off so I had to take her and Tori back to the house. Ryan made it a little bit longer and then he bailed out too. Kelly and Jon cooked great dinners every night. Sam, Jake and Meagan played with the little ones nonstop. We watched movies and played cards. We played miniature golf. Ryan got a hole in one! Kelly took me and the little ones to the Minnesota Zoo and we all had a blast. Ryan's favorite part of the zoo was the farm. We got to pet sheep, goats, horses and cows. Maddie liked the dolphin show. On our last day we got to tour Sam's new apartment building at her college. It's still being built but is supposed to be ready for move in by August 23rd. She will be in a 4 bedroom apartment with 3 roommates. She'll be going to Concordia University and majoring in elementary education. She's very excited to be moving out and it was really neat to get to see the college. What a a great vacation!!

1 comment:

Flower Mound Mom said...

WOW that sounds awesome. Lot's of fun... Loved the pics, it was like I was there!!
Lets get together soon.