Saturday, August 23, 2008

Jake Turns 18

Today is Jake's 18th birthday. I just cannot believe that "Jakey" is all grown up. He is a senior this year and plays varsity football. He got a wakeboard from us and his mom and Jon for his birthday. Here is a copy of the letter I sent him for his birthday.

18 Awesome Jake Memories

1. The first trip we went on was to the beach when you were 4 years old. We played in the waves for hours and you laughed and laughed like the happiest boy alive.
2. You used to climb over the back of our couch and jump off over and over and over.
3. You used to sit in my lap and cuddle and it was such a wonderful feeling I would wonder if you would ever outgrow it. (You did.)
4. You weren’t tall enough for the big rides at Six Flags for years, but you never complained and always had a good time.
5. The look on your face when we gave you a bike for Christmas.
6. You used to love to play the game “Trouble”.
7. You used to play “Werewolf” with all the neighborhood kids.
8. You loved to eat broccoli with cheese sauce.
9. You always ran off the airplane at top speed and gave super tight hugs. One time you even knocked me over!
10. You never argued about going to bed. You just got up and went whenever you got tired.
11. You are wonderful playing with little kids. First with Matthew, now with Maddie, Ryan and Tori.
12. You climbed right up the rock climbing wall in the ocean in Cozumel when I couldn’t make it past the first rung.
13. You pray silently before meals. I love your faith!
14. Remember the time you broke the sliding glass door in the vacation home in Georgia!? I had a super big, over the top reaction. Blame it on my hormones, I was pregnant with the twins. I know it was an accident.
15. When you were younger we would watch the ball go down in New York on tv on New Years Eve and pretend it was midnight even though it was only 11 our time. You were determined to stay up but you were so tired!
16. You have always loved fireworks.
17. Watching on the kneeboard this summer at the lakehouse and realizing you were pretty much grown up.
18. You are the best I ever could have hoped for and I am so proud of you! I love you! Happy 18th Birthday!!!

Love,
Cara

1 comment:

Flower Mound Mom said...

Another TearJerker
Can't believe he is 18!!