Sunday, February 24, 2008

The weekend





Tori has been fighting a cold all week and I finally took her to the dr. on Friday. The flu test was negative but the dr. said she looked soooo bad that she was going to give her an antibiotic anyway. She is still sick, even after being on the antibiotic 3 days. She has fever, diarrhea, and a very gross runny and congested nose. Last night we were up with her constantly until around 1am when we finally turned off the monitor and decided to let her cry. I was in a blissful sleep when around 2:30am, who shows up but Ryan. "Mommy, I'm sick. My ear hurts." So Ryan got some medicine and got to sleep with Daddy while I went to sleep in guest room to listen for Tori. By some miracle, Tori didn't wake up again until 7am. Woohoo! I peeked in on Daddy and Ryan and Ryan was sideways across the bed. (he's no fun to sleep with.)

Maddie and Ryan went to a birthday party at a park Saturday morning for our friend from playgroup. The weather was not cooperating (see pics) but the kids had a great time anyway. It was really really cold, maybe in the 40's?, and windy.

I taught Sunday School this morning so Ryan and Maddie went to church with me while Mike stayed home with Tori. I taught the pre-k class so they were in there with me. Then we went to the church service and Ryan pulled his usual shenanigans. He threw a pencil and 2 pieces of paper up in the air while we were sitting in the pew. We're lucky the pencil didn't poke someone's eye out. I was so glad I knew the people behind us who caught the pencil. He only let out one yell this time so I guess I can be glad about that. I counted down the minutes until children's time when I could take them out of the service and put them in "children's church." Thank goodness for children's church!

No comments: