Friday, April 11, 2008

Hand, Foot & Mouth

Tori has been sick for a week with the Hand, Foot and Mouth virus. This is a virus that young children get which causes painful blisters in your mouth, on your hands, feet and even your bottom. It started with 2 days of fever which I attributed to her 15 month vaccinations. Then Mike noticed a rash on her mouth and hands. I called the dr. and after describing it over the phone they said she had hand, foot and mouth, no need to bring her in, we just needed to wait it out. I seriously thought about taking pictures of her to post but she looked so bad, it might have made you sick. The blisters were on the inside & outside of her mouth, all over her hands, feet and bottom. Her mouth and bottom have pretty much cleared up but her feet and hands are still pretty gross. A few days ago the blisters started popping......... Just imagine. Yuck! She could have got this at McDonald's, Playtime (the drop in daycare center that I took her to for the first time last week), or at the dr's office for her wellness exam. Luckily no one else in the family got it and she's no longer crying through the night. The bad news is, since she's been sick I've been nursing her more so now it's back to trying to wean. Will it ever end!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cara
I am so sorry to hear this... It sounds awful. We will pray for Tori.
FM4