Maddie told me the other day that sometimes she feels like crying and doesn't know why. What does this mean!? Can she be depressed. Everyday when I pick her up from school she is in the grumpiest mood and usually in tears by the time we get to the car. She says that everyone is mean to her after school. Not her friends, but me, Ryan and Tori. The only thing I can think of is that she is overly tired or hungry. Once we get home and she has a snack she's fine. I already moved her bedtime up 30 minutes earlier. Maybe she's having a hard time adjusting to kindergarten?
Now on a different note, their birthday party up here is on Oct. 3. Ryan invited 3 friends from school and Maddie invited 6 or 7. There are also some mutual friends. Do I do anything about the difference in the number of birthday gifts? Comments please!
New Location
14 years ago
1 comment:
YES 5 year olds can be depressed, for no reason. But it doesn't sound like Maddie is depressed, just emotionally drained from Kindergarten. It's a HUGE adjustment for those 5 year olds!
I think kids naturally try thier hardest to have the best school behavior, and unfortunately us parents get left over with the "I'm tired of trying" behavior.
Is she upset/uncertain about having to move? How about not being around Ryan and Tori all day?
Presents: Do you think they would notice the difference, mine wouldn't! We'll bring Ryan an extra present!
Post a Comment