Yesterday I tripped and fell down 3 stairs while holding Tori. I managed to keep her safe but sprained my foot pretty bad. I've been considering going to Urgent Care for an x-ray but decided to wait one more day and see if it gets better. Meanwhile, it's been very difficult taking care of the kids with a hurt foot and no husband. (Mike is in Milwaukee). Maddie has told me several times to put on a bandaid so my foot will get better.
The weather has been absolutely beautiful this week. We've been going to the park daily and the kids are loving it. Even Tori loves to be outside. She's been swinging in the swing and would like to play in the sandbox but since she eats everything (sand, rocks, grass, sticks) I can't let her play in there anymore.
Both kids are loving school. Maddie is really enjoying her teacher because she gets rewards for being good during the day and resting on her mat at naptime. The other day I couldn't get her to leave the class and she wouldn't tell my why. When we finally got out of there she told me she was waiting for her sticker from the teacher. The previous class she had gotten one right as she was leaving so now she expects it everyday. The teacher has it set up so they don't get a prize everyday though, they have to build up to it.
Ryan seems to be thriving at his school. Every day he runs off the bus into the house ready to tell us about his day. He can tell you the day, month, date and weather daily. I think that having him and Maddie in separate classes is really going to be a positive thing.
FYI, do not buy magazines or books from door to door salespeople. Mike (why he did this I'll never know) ordered some books ($55 for 4 books) from a supposed college student from UTA. After she left I told him we'd be lucky to ever see the books. We looked up the business online and it had numerous complaints with the Better Business Bureau. Mike ended up cancelling our check ($35) and order. I was beginning to feel bad for the poor girl in case she really was legitimate but then there was an article about her in today's paper. She's a scam artist!!! So, we never would have got our books anyway.
I've been busy trying to plan the twins birthday party. This will be the first year we have one for them at the house with their friends. We are planning on renting a bounce house and having a pinata. I looked into having it at several other places but everything is so expensive! Chuck E Cheese is $10.99 per kid! It's going to be pretty big with us inviting both of their classes, playgroup and other friends. We'll also have the family party down at the coast.
1 comment:
Tori's hair is so cute....
Looks like a fun day.
I'm glad I didn't buy any books yesterday, that lady came here and I just sensed something wierd. You know me, I normally can't say no....But this was my 1st time...
Post a Comment