Today was the first day I drove in a "snowstorm". I was TERRIFIED! I drove 2 miles and it took me 30 minutes. Mike keeps telling me it's like driving in the sand. Well when I'm driving on the beach I'm not worried about smashing into another car!!! I know I just need to practice but that doesn't help my stomach. I drove Mike to the train station this morning and yelled at the kids on the way home that they had to be quiet because "mommy needs to concentrate on the road!"
I felt guilty when we got home so I took them swimming in our indoor pool. Have I mentioned I HATE swimming in indoor pools when they're not warm!? This one is in a glass enclosed building. The water was okay but the outside was pretty cold. We kept seeing snow falling off the roof onto the ground. Ryan's teeth were chattering! Luckily we have a sauna too so we could warm up.
When Mike got home he took them out to the parking lot to "play in the snow." They had a BLAST!!! Good thing he likes the cold because I don't! We agreed tonight that he can do snow play time and I'll do pool playtime.
Arlene (grandma) is coming in town tomorrow if she's not delayed due to the snow. I can't wait! Mike and I are going to look at houses this weekend. The twins start school on Monday. They'll be in the same class and will have recess outside as long asw it's not below 0 degrees! (Note that Keller schools were closed today due to the "cold". What was it, 20???)
New Location
14 years ago
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys are having quite the adventure!
Post a Comment