Tuesday, January 12, 2010

House hunting

We have had 2 full days of house hunting minus the kids, thanks to my mil Arlene. Looking for a house is totally frustrating. We have gone from cheap to high to cheap and back again. It is so hard to go from the Texas market to chicagoland. To allfriends in Texas: you have it made!! Tomorrow Arlene and I are going to see a house that mike really liked but I ruled out due to the small backyard. The price has been reduced which makes it much more attractive to me. I've done more research on schools so I ruled out 2 other houses based on the elementary school. Other houses have been ruled out due to location (too far from train station) and being too close to busy streets.

On another note, maddie and Ryan started school Monday and so far they love it. They are in the same class and school here is half a day. Ryan insisted on wearing his snow boots to school like his friends. They leave their boots in the hall and change into regular shoes once inside. Maddie has a new best friend but she can't remember her name.

Mike is out of town this week so I'm so glad Arlene is here. She's been great!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Flower Mound Mom said...

That's great they are in the same class, probably makes them feel less lonely! And that's great Kinder is only a half day. Wish Lincoln's was. Good luck on the house, can't wait to see/hear what you decided on!